Self-promotion is a key skill that every business owner should possess – whether it’s used to bring in investors or connect with new customers across the globe. You have to be able to find new and inventive ways to sell your products or market your business if you want to stay on top of your game.
Self-promotion is especially important as we continue to move through the COVID-19 pandemic, with many small businesses finding it hard to stay afloat. With that in mind, here are some easy and cost-effective ways in which you can connect with new customers.
- Hold yourself accountable for any mistakes so that you can bring back customers after a bad experience. For example, one way in which you can do this is by responding to negative reviews and working towards a solution together. Potential customers will see these interactions and know that you are a company they can trust.
- Make the most of your social media accounts. They are far more than a platform to post the odd advertisements on – and can be a great way to connect with your customer base, especially now that we spend so much time online. Whether you outsource a social media team or work on it yourself, make sure that your content is fun and exciting – and that you use each platform to engage with your audience. Respond to their messages, like their comments, and chat to them as much as possible! The stronger your online presence, the more customers you will attract.
- Find a variety of ways to stay better connected with your customers during the pandemic – as communication is an essential tool towards your success, especially when you are trying to widen your customer base. Thankfully, there are various different ways in which you can keep in touch – be that through email, social media, or by posting periodical updates on your website.
- Think carefully about ways in which you can connect with customers in a post-pandemic world. For example, you could switch from operating entirely online to operating within a physical space. To begin with, this could mean that you sell your products at trade shows or similar events. Thankfully, attending this kind of event doesn’t need to cost a lot of money – you just need to set up a killer display using lightweight trade show shelving and your best products!
- Re-share or repost their reviews onto your social media channels and website – so that potential customers can gain a clear understanding of precisely what you have to offer. Sometimes, reading a good review is what actually encourages them to make a purchase in the first place.
- Brush up on your sales and marketing skills as much as possible – after all, they are essential if you want to stand out from the crowd and encourage customers to purchase from your company as opposed to one of your competitors. Don’t underestimate the importance of a stellar sales pitch when it comes to reeling in new customers. You have to speak up to stand out!