Getting more sales from your e-commerce site is essential if you want a successful business. With a standard B2B website, you can measure success based on a series of factors or things that a user will do such as fill out a lead form, download a whitepaper, set up a meeting, etc. However, e-commerce site success is measured on sales – if you don’t get enough, your website will likely not succeed.
Today, we’ll break things down into three different sections:
- Driving traffic to your website
- Encouraging people to make purchases
- Understanding e-commerce trends
By learning about all three of these things, you will start seeing more sales from your site.
Driving traffic to your website
Naturally, the more traffic your e-commerce site has, the better. It means you have more people to convert, which means more sales are just around the corner. Of course, you can’t rely on any old traffic; you need targeted web traffic, delivering users that will already be interested in what you’re selling.
We don’t have time to breakdown how to drive traffic to your site, but here are three key areas to focus on:
- SEO – rank for keywords most relevant to your business and what you sell
- Social media – use hashtags on social media to find your target audience
- PPC Advertising – only ads work really well at targeting people with shopping habits that may make them interested in what you sell
Encouraging people to make purchases
Getting targeted traffic to your site is one step, the next is ensuring that as many of these users buy something. You have to encourage them through the sales funnel, and there are some solutions you can try to do just that:
- Discount codes & sales – display discount codes and sale items on the home page or landing page, instantly luring them in with the promise of saving money
- Multiple payments & express checkouts – make it easier for people to check out and pay, encouraging them to do so with minimal stress
- Great product listings – ensure your product listings are excellent with lots of photos and attractive prices
Understanding eCommerce trends
Lastly, you can elicit more sales by understanding more about the world of e-commerce. Each year, there are lots of different trends in the e-commerce industry. These trends can relate to website design, buying habits, and so on. If you want to maximize your revenue, you need to stay updated on all these trends and notice new ones before they kick into action. This ensures your site is constantly ahead of the rest and provides the best customer experience. Aligning with trends and predicting future ones can help you make more sales.
Just like that, your e-commerce site will begin generating more revenue than ever before. Often, it has nothing to do with the products you sell – it’s just that you haven’t set up your site to be a productive one.